Tuesday 19 April 2011

The place to visit...


If you only go to one Trust reserve this spring then visit Broadmoor Wood.  By Rubery leisure, the figure of eight path can be walked in around 30 minutes.

It's looking spectacular at the moment.  The pool is  covered in a blanket of golden kingcups, more than I’ve seen anywhere. The bluebells and hazel wood also look fantastic. Amongst the bluebells is yellow archangel, celandine, stitchwort and wood anemone. Opposite leaved saxifrage is growing in the dingles.  

Thanks to Ian and his team of volunteers for maintaining it and coppicing the hazel.  Kingcups are out in full and bluebells should be at their peak next week.  Made even more impressive as the tree leaves are barely out....

Andy, Broadmoor Wood

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for highlighting Broadmoor Wood Andy. I visited this afternoon and I am so pleased that I did. The bluebells are an absolute amazing sight and the fragrance as the warm sun filtered through the trees was awesome! I will post photo's on my blog later today.

    Well done to the volunteers, it is an absolute gem of a wood!
    It certainly is the 'The place to visit'!

    Pam.

    ReplyDelete