Monday 6 December 2010

Life on reception

I've been volunteering for the Trust for almost 20 years - from running craft fairs in the early days to working on reception at the Smite HQ nowadays. I do it because it's great fun & I hope I'm being useful to the team here.

I only do one afternoon a week and in a typical slot on reception I'll not only answer the phone, I'll also help with admin work - photocopying, laminating, post collecting, proof-reading, birdfood stocktaking and selling. I'm often asked to cut out materials for our education and community work as well as make paper plant pots. I enjoy meeting the various people that come in to see staff or buy things from us - & if I'm really lucky I also get to drink tea and do my daily crossword!

Maybe I'll see you at Smite at some point?

Oliver, Lower Smite Farm reception

No comments:

Post a Comment