Thursday 25 February 2010

A Valentine's Day to Remember

I wasn't sure what to expect, and I have to admit I thought it was going to be a little cheesy! I was one of the first to arrive, and had to stop myself from hopping back in my van and going home!! But I didn't let my nerves get the better of me, and I'm so glad I stayed.

We were split into pairs, doing different jobs, splitting logs, bagging wood chip etc, and every 15 minutes or so we changed partners. Everyone was lovely, the people organising it were good fun and the other volunteers were all really relaxed - I think we all had a great day.

I came away with a grin from ear to ear and to be honest I was quite confused as to why I'd never done it before! The Worcestershire Wildlife Trust are in my area, doing a great job and so easy to get involved with. I have already booked myself in to volunteer for another 3 sundays, and I can't wait to get back into it.

It's like I finally realised what Sunday's are for!! And as for Valentines Day, that was finally one I can look back on with a smile rather than a cringe!!

Heather, Tiddesley Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment